We respect your individual privacy and observe the highest industry standards to protect your personal Information. All customer information provided to the Air Rescue Card is regarded as confidential. We train and require our employees to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized use.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We have access only to information that you voluntarily provide to us. We restrict access to your personal information to our employees or others who need to know that information to provide you information or services related to the Air Rescue Card membership you have requested.
We do not sell or rent member information to any third party. Nor will we reveal such information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to process your enrollment, fulfill Air Rescue Card benefits or services, or comply with requests under the law. Although we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law and we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a government mandate, current judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our web site. In such instances, we will take the utmost care to disclose only information that is subject to such official directive.
We observe Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations that protect your specific health information. Our contractor-provided Emergency Call Center is certified as HIPAA compliant.
We welcome comments from Air Rescue Card members. By submitting e-mail or other communication to this Site, you grant the Air Rescue Card and its affiliates a royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, translate or publish your comments in part or in whole. You acknowledge that we may use your comments, testimonials or other comments in our promotional materials, and that we may edit these submissions and/or communications for length, punctuation or grammar. You also acknowledge that we may list your first name and hometown as attribution for your comments or reviews. At no time, will we include a member’s last name or publish any other personally identifiable information.
We take precautions to protect your information. Sensitive personal information (such as credit card data) is collected on our website with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts and transmits your data to us in a secure way. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (billing or customer service, for example) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We collect three types of information:
- Anonymous information from visitors to the Site. This information is never linked to any personally identifiable details, and is used only in the aggregate to generate statistical reports about the use of our website and applications.
- Corporate or group information. We require certain information to provide specific membership rates to business, corporations, and groups, including the name and address of the business or group, and a contact’s name, telephone number, and email address, and relevant billing information.
- Personal information from individuals who subscribe to Air Rescue Card membership. Enrollment requires that you submit certain personal information needed to process and maintain your membership, including name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, user name, password and password hint. To enroll or renew your dependent child/children in an Air Rescue Card plan, we require only their name(s) and age(s). We also require your credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code to process membership prepayment and renewal.
We use information provided by membership enrollees to:
- Process payment to complete enrollment.
- Verify membership before providing benefits and services.
- Transfer applicable information to medical professionals and other third-party service providers involved in the medical evacuation or other benefits we provide.
- Communicate with you regarding your membership, renewal and related information.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our benefits, services, rules and exclusions, and other administrative information (unless you opt out of all such communications).
- Provide newsletters, travel promotions, and other information related to Air Rescue Card membership, according to the preference you express. From time to time, we may include a member survey in the Air Rescue Card newsletter; we use aggregate data from all survey responders, and will never share your private data in a way that compromises your privacy.
- Maintain and manage our member records to comply with our internal business practices and procedures, including accounting, billing, and auditing.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Your Communication Preferences
By enrolling in the Air Rescue Card service, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us relating to your account. These communications may involve emails sent to the address you provide during registration, including our electronic newsletter, which may include information about Air Rescue Card features, special offers, or promotional announcements, and will include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, change in password or Payment Method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information). We also communicate with Air Rescue Card affiliate members by email. In some cases, we may contact members by telephone if an email message cannot be delivered.
You may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Request that we change or correct any of the data you have provided to us.
- Request that we renew your membership.
- Request that we cancel your membership and delete your personally identifiable information.
- Opt out from our customer newsletter (You may also opt out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the newsletter.)
- Opt out from all promotions, notifications of new products, special discounts, or any future contacts from us, except those directly related to your membership plan.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you no longer want to receive Air Rescue Card emails, simply forward an email to email@example.com or call our Customer Service representatives.
We store information that we collect through cookies and log files to create a profile of our subscribers. (A cookie is a small text file stored on the subscriber’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Allowing the Air Rescue Card cookie to remain on your computer makes it easier for you to log in to and use the Air Rescue Card website. Rejecting or erasing the cookie does not preclude use of the site, although it does require that a user provide detailed login information to access the “members only” information. (Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.)
A profile is stored information detailing how individual subscribers use this site. Collected information in a profile is tied to the subscriber’s personally identifiable information. However, your profile is used solely for internal purposes, to help us improve the experience of our subscribers and for accounting/billing purposes. We do not share your profile with any third parties.
Log files record internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track a subscriber’s movement and usage in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Log files record each transaction for purposes of capacity planning and billing and are linked to personally identifiable information.
Changes to This Policy
Any changes we make to this policy will be included on the Site. You are therefore advised to re-read this statement on a regular basis.
Links to Other Websites
The Air Rescue Card website may contain links to other websites that provide content of interest to travelers. These web links are provided to Air Rescue Card members as additional sources of information related to travel. We have no control over these third-party sites and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites, or for any information that you may provide while visiting such sites.
Questions About Your Personal Information?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use the personal information you provide, you may:
Call: 866-500-0333 toll-free in the U.S. or +1 574-272-5400 outside the U.S.
Fax: +1 574-272-6400
Customer Service Manager
54505 26th Street, Building C
South Bend, IN 46635